Sunday, June 7, 2009

Preamble and a Word of Warning...

I am not now, nor have I ever been a professional machinist. I have however, spent the better part of my life designing things for real machinists to make. Does this give me machining talents? No! However, after this number of years messing around in machine shops I do have more than a rudimentary knowledge of good machining practices...and I still possess all of my fingers and thumbs. This means I win.

Take what you will from this blog, but I must warn you that I bear no responsibility if you mess up and lose something precious while attempting anything you see and read here. You mess up=your bad, not mine.

Why the "Reluctant Machinist"?

It's like this. I've been known to cosplay in the world of Steampunk. My character is named Miss Genevieve E. Mugglethorpe. Genevieve is a rather pathological woman who loves things that go bang and boom. She is the armourer aboard the Independent Airship, Reluctant. In point of fact, she is the Captain and entire crew as well having misplaced her dear Father and beloved crew during a jump between Realities. Her ongoing mission, to recover her Father and crew, and while doing so, design and build weapons of Dubious Nature and Deadly Intent.

In short, she's batty as a bedbug.

There. You have been warned.

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?